All our properties are self check-in and will have been thoroughly sanitised before your arrival.
Cleaning, Disinfecting or Sanitising? What's it all about?
Cleaning and sanitising are two different steps in the overall process, and both are required to lower the risk of contamination.
The main difference between cleaning and sanitizing is that cleaning is the act of clearing debris and deposits on a surface, while sanitizing involves killing bacteria after the surface has already been cleared or wiped off.
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects, by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting is more intense than sanitising. Sanitizing is normally sufficient for such items as tabletops and cutting boards, but a disinfectant would be needed for places like bathrooms.
At Aberlovely Holidays – we have always undertaken both sanitising and disinfecting – paying particular attention to the kitchen and bathroom.
If you check out our reviews here on our website, you will see that we always clean to an extremely high standard.
However, we will now be doing even more to ensure that everything is cleaned and sanitised between each guests stay as per NHS England guidelines.
So what are we going to be doing extra at the moment?
As well as the normal cleaning regime, that guests score us very highly on, we will also:-
- Sanitise all keys for your arrival
- Sanitise the main entry door
- Sanitise all soft furnishings
- Disinfect all hard surfaces with bleach solution
- Disinfect all high-touch surfaces with bleach
- Disinfect inside of ALL cupboards in the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and living room
- Put all Utensils, cutlery and crockery through dishwasher cycle
- Wash all Linens and towels, including those that appear unused, at 60o
The housekeeper is following all procedures to make sure the house is deep cleaned in between every stay with the appropriate sanitisers.
Our cleaners will be wearing PPE when we clean the apartment to protect both us and you!
Please follow all current UK guidelines when out in public as they are changing constantly.
Once you have paid your deposit
- If we as a business are unable to welcome you due to government measures of a lockdown or travel restrictions, we will, free of any charges, offer to move your booking to another date, or refund any monies paid.
- If you are unable to travel due to a government travel warning, we will offer you a Free Change of Date, if you cancel less than 14 days before arrival.
For cancellations more than 14 days in advance of your arrival date, we can change your date or offer a full refund of any monies paid.
- Changes to bookings will be with no penalty and no price change – provided it is in the same seasonal band.
- Changes to a higher band will be charged the price difference.
- Changes to dates into 2022 will be subject to 2022 rates – which may be higher than 2021 rates.